Thursday, May 31, 2007

Prat Humor Equality, NOW!

Rad Girls? Has anyone seen this show? I've known about it for a while now, just through their ads on Fuse. I didn't think twice about it...just some 'girls behaving badly' type of deal.

Well, ohmygod it's horrible.

Joe summed it up by saying, "How can we be subversive without being entertaining?"

While Jackass isn't my cup of tea, there was a lot of it that was funny. Ok, maybe not a lot, but it was still humorous. But Rad Girls take the cake.

Perhaps it was just the one episode, but I have a feeling it's all like that.

I can't exactly put my finger on it, because most of what they were showing has already been done...pube hair humor, sliding down stairs (they were wearing helmets and had mats at the bottom - Jackass would so not approve, ladies), and pants peeing.
What it is, is that guys have done all this before. And everyone laughs. So if a girl does it, it'd be just as funny, right?

I don't know.

I do know though, that there aren't as many female comedians as their male counterparts. Why? Can men only do slapstick, and be universally appealing? Is it a clear cut gender issue? Cultural definitions and restraints? Anyone have any ideas?

Ohh man.

Tina Fey, where are you? Sarah Silverman, pleaseplease teach a class.

No comments: