Manapua is without question my favorite local food so far.
And here's my very southern take on it.
1 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup milk
About 1/2 cup finely chopped, cooked, chicken (I used leftovers...I generously season my chicken breasts with pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, Italian Medley Mrs. Dash, and parsley, both sides, and cook them on our little George Forman grill)
6 slices cheddar cheese, or about a handful of shredded
butter and garlic salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450*
2. Prepare biscuit mix. Using box directions, simply mix milk into Bisquick.
3. Spoon out 6 mounds of dough onto baking sheet. Flatten as best as possible (it's pretty sticky).
4. Pile on chicken and cheese.
5. Cover biscuits with remaining dough.
6. Cooks up in less than 10 minutes. So keep an eye on 'em.
7. Just before taking out of the oven, lightly brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt.