Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Wearable (and Carriable) Pieces
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
(Leftover Halloween Candy) Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 06, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
But I'm not too sure about McCain choosing her as his running mate.
I definitely have mixed feelings.
I'm really interested in seeing her debate, though.
Pros and cons about everything, huh?
Oh, and I have to say, reading through blogs and political articles mentioning where Palin's from...calling Alaska the middle of nowhere, saying there's more reindeer than people...it's a state! It's part of the US people. I mean, really. C'mon. I find it totally disheartening that Palin's location is being used as a negative.
And for everyone in the lower 48, the majority of Alaskans are for ANWR drilling. Do you know how much land and space is up there? I mean, there's more reindeer than people!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Leaving Kodiak and moving to Hawaii...had it's ups and downs. Mostly ups. We were able to get a place (thank you Navy), and we're settling in nicely. I should have pictures soon. Well, soon as in 'as soon as I get everything put away, hung up, washed, and perfect.' So, you know, whenever.
But it's a cute place, so it'll be worth the wait.
Oahu is amazing. Beautiful. Insanely busy and crowed. And hot.
Actually, I don't think it's really hot-hot. It just feels that way to me coming from 40 degree Alaska to the middle of a tropical summer. King and I are taking awhile to get used to it.
But oh, the shopping. Stores everywhere, with everything. It's niiiiice. I missed malls.
As much fun as we're having here, I'm homesick for Alaska. And North Carolina.
I'm sure it'll pass though, when we get more settled, and involved.
As involved as one can get laying on a beach all day.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
A fun Flickr find:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
1. Kelly Time!, 2. Jen's Birthday Cake: The layers, 3. Rose Festival Fun Center, 900 seconds, 4. Nant Ffrancon and Glyder Fawr, Wales, 5. NYC Is Full Of Celebrities, 6. L'orecchino, 7. Campanile di Giotto & Duomo, Firenze, 8. Carrot Cake, 9. The Photographer, 10. Prayer, 11. the stoic and the optomist, 12. Beneath a steel sky
Friday, June 06, 2008
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
A digital photographic print
Sunrise over Jewel Beach
(a gray whale and a humpback whale)
The show runs April 21-30
And they're up for sale.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Joe: Ok, if you're sure.
Me: Totally. You can do it!
Joe cuts away. Doing a good job. Then I ask if he could angle the front part.
Me: You know, where it's lower in the front than the back.
His eyes light up after a second.
Joe: Yeah! Awesome! Just like Ghost in the Shell!
Me: Umm. No. Not that extreme. Not at all.
Friday, March 21, 2008
You know, we had a good run. We had a lot of fun when I was younger. I remember you were able to make me laugh and smile and think the world was perfect.
But something happened as I got older. You've become over-bearing... controlling even. I can't go out any more. I can't do anything I really want to do, because of you. You've effected all my relationships with other people. In such a negative way. I suppose some of the blame lays with me. I did move to Alaska. But you really pushed it too far. I mean, year after year, snow drift upon snow drift, frozen fingers and frozen faces. You've become so much colder than I ever remembered. It's sad. And disheartening.
I always thought you'd be in my life. In the middle of the hottest Summer's heat, I would think about you and couldn't wait for our time together. Now all I can think about is the warmth I can get somewhere else.
It's time we parted. I can't be around you any longer. Maybe one day we'll be able to meet again, and maybe then we can at least be cordial. But right now, I have to say goodbye.
Spring is stopping by, to help me pack up and move in with Summer. Yes. That Summer. You'd find out sooner or later, so I'm telling you now.
I know other people will love you as much as I did. And really, I did love you, Winter. But things changed.
I wish you all the best. And perhaps we'll be able to find each other again some day.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Friday, February 29, 2008
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used chocolate Teddy Grahams, crumbled in the blender)
1/3 cup melted butter
at least 1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon (totally optional)
1 package (8 oz) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar
3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Prepare crust by mixing chocolate crumbs, butter, and cinnamon. Press mixture into bottom and slightly up sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
2. Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Blend in eggs, one at a time.
3. Melt chocolate pieces in microwave - follow directions on package (about a minute and a half for the whole bar).
4. Gradually pour melted chocolate into cream cheese mixture, beating on low speed until well-blended. Add flour and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour into prepared crust.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350* for 55 - 60 minutes or until filling is firm. Turn oven off. Cool cheesecake 1 hour without opening door. Cool completely. Chill several hours or overnight. It really is best when the cheesecake has cooled for at least a couple hours. But sometimes you just can't wait...
Eat as is, or top with your favorite goodies. Try cherries, raspberries, or fudge sauce. Mmm.
Monday, February 18, 2008
I'm bona fide!
So, in honor of all the excellence, here's my list of (Almost) Daily Reads -
1. All Things Girls Can Tell A day to day blog of an Etsy seller with amazing goodies
2. Secret Boy Friend Dark but ohso good, and another Etsy seller
3. Plentiful as Blackberries Beautiful works by a talented illustrator
4. Writes of Spring A copyeditor who can't write. So she says. Either way, she's hilarious
5. This Is What I Do. Art student (...I wish I was that good in school)
6. Sulu-Design Etsy seller who has a unique photo-inspiration concept
7. Bent Objects So. Much. Fun.
8. Stef Choi Love her work and her style
9. An Open [Sketch] Book Lovely work, an Etsy seller, and she lives in Greensboro, NC (my hometown!)
10. Afraid To See Breath-taking photography